SPECTRUM TURKEY (VILLA CABRECE)
THE WAY WE WORK 2019
- Spectrum Turkey has been created to provide a unique and exclusive venue for each group for which we request you aim to bring at least 10 guests but please note you have to pay for a minimum of 6. As you will see further below, the price drops by £50 pp when you bring 10. The teacher gets free accommodation.To book the venue known as Spectrum Turkey, a fee from the group leader/teacher of £1,000 is required to reserve a week for your specialist group holiday to show your commitment. Payment of this is confirmation of your acceptance of The Way We Work (this document). A further payment of £500 is required 4 months before commencement of your holiday. These deposits are refundable from the payment of your group (minimum of 6 at £480), which is due promptly 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Note: If you cancel after paying the first deposit for your specialist holiday you are still required to pay the remaining balance. The deposit is not transferable without our agreement ie if you cancel and find a replacement teacher/group leader, you must liaise with us first to see if the replacement is acceptable to us but also that they are happy to accept these terms and conditions ie they have to pay for a minimum of 6.
- Group Leaders/Teachers are given accommodation (B&B) for 7 nights plus 5 vegetarian evening meals, including the drinks offered as part of the package (see below).
- Group payment of individual bookings to be paid 8 weeks before arrival into our UK HSBC account. Any last minute bookings can be paid individually ie the group payment must not be held up waiting for last minute bookings to be confirmed.
- If you offer massages or therapies in addition to the main theme of your holiday for example, a Yoga or Pilates Holiday, then you are expected to give 30% to Spectrum (the same as any other Therapist, including Joanne and Tom, as they are not the only investors in Spectrum Turkey).
IMPORTANT NOTES: Spectrum is a dedicated specialist group holiday venue and exclusive to individual groups with 10+ bookings. Taking this into consideration please keep Spectrum Turkey informed of the bookings being taken for your holiday on a regular basis as we reserve the right to accept private bookings if the minimum is not met – we will of course liaise with you prior to accepting bookings.
We will not accept anyone arriving late at night/early morning unless we have arranged their transport.
ACCOMMODATION (10 singles 5 twin/doubles):
9 Single ground floor/pool-side rooms with en-suite and air conditioning
1 Twin/Double ground floor room with en-suite and air conditioning –
suitable for people with disabilities or unable to manage stairs
3 Twin/Double rooms with en-suite and air conditioning
– upstairs with shared balcony
1 Single room (slightly larger than the ground floor ones) upstairs, with a
double bed – we usually allocate this to the
teacher/group leader (see comments below):
Karma Suite – is a new addition, a twin/double detached from the main building with glorious views of the surrounding mountains but just strides away from the pool. We are happy for this to be used as a normal twin/double with all guests having use of the additional lounge area but if people want to keep that area for their own private use then there is an additional, relatively small, charge of £25 pp
|Bookings||Price per person £
|Price per person £
|Price per person £ Karma Suite|
The Package includes: the above prices include B&B for 7 nights, 5 vegetarian evening meals plus all refreshments such as tea, instant coffee, natural spring water, in addition to a glass of fresh juice and cup of filter coffee.
It’s worth noting that the drinks included are worth £50 or more. Also we offer use of our bicycles for free whereas some hotels charge £5 a day (we have 5 plus a trycicle).
Usually the evening off from eating at Spectrum is Friday and Saturday (most groups do an evening boat trip which includes an evening meal and the other night in Dalyan). The bedding and towels are changed once during the week (Thursday). We provide a beach towel for the week.
- a) Most groups like to do a daily boat trip on the Thursday (either locally in Dalyan, sailing down to the beach and along the coast, or 30 minutes away to do 12 islands where you also stop in several different bays – the latter is more luxurious) and the noon to moon trip to the beach for sunset and then up to the lake to enjoy the magnificent night sky and maybe see some shooting stars. Both include a delicious meal usually a BBQ and lots of mezes (a selection of vegetarian dishes and salads). We can request a free place for the teacher/group leader if there are 10 paying guests.
- b) We work with a local company to organise the transfers from the airport, who have proved to be the most reliable. Depending on the numbers arriving at the same time the charge can be as little as £20 per person sharing a vehicle (4+), £30 pp for two and £45 for an individual transfer (a discounted rate). Note: these are the prices charged for 2018 so there could be an increase.
- c) The Yoga space is 90 m2 and is large enough to accommodate 20/22 people. There is an additional outdoor space, with shade, that has been created for aerial yoga but can be used for yoga, chi gong and pilates etc. This space is 121 m2. In addition we have a labyrinth with is great to use for mediation and mindfulness.
- d) Spectrum Turkey, the venue, has appropriate insurance but your guests (bookings) and you, the teacher/group leader, need to organise your own insurance.
- e) We forward a Welcome to Spectrum document that you can send to your guests giving valuable information about where to meet their taxi, how to get the Turkish visa prior to arrival etc.
- f) We will forward a booking form for you to log the names of your guests and flight details which is in the best format for us – we can simply copy it and give to the transfer company.
- g) We ask for your help to encourage your students to leave a reasonable tip for our staff, a minimum of £10 per week is not unreasonable (they only work a 6-7 month season) as there is no work for them in the winter.
Joanne & Tom Sparrow are your hosts. We are happy to organise breakfast and evening meals at times to suit your particular style of holiday and different times each day if that is your preference. We (the staff at Spectrum) are flexible and here to help ensure your retreat runs smoothly to your group’s needs. To us Spectrum is not a hotel, more like our home with lots of bedrooms and we want our guests to feel like they are welcome in our home, it is their home in the sun whilst they stay with us!
We are happy to give an Introductory meeting on the first morning giving a lot more information about Spectrum, Dalyan, the excursions, how to get to the beach, visit the turtle rehabilitation centre, book massages and/or the Turkish baths, in addition to explaining some house rules such as requesting guests take their crockery etc to the kitchen, not to bring food and drink into the hotel (we ask for the teacher’s/group leader’s support in this regard as it is offensive and upsetting to the staff who have the right to remove it (alcohol bought from duty free and put in our fridge could incur heavy fines for us).
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR TEACHERS/GROUP LEADERS
It is recommended you ask for a minimum of a £150/£200 deposit, or more, which is non-refundable. The balance to be paid to yourselves in advance of the 8 weeks Spectrum is to be paid and you state something similar to the following so that you don’t lose out
Whilst we wish to treat cancellations sympathetically, our spaces are limited and the following charges must be applied. Cancellation of your holiday, for whatever reason, should be notified to me direct, in writing:
Up to 42 days before departure loss of deposit
41-23 days before departure 50% of total price
27-14 days before departure 65% of total price
13-or less before departure 100% of price
In order to participate in this holiday clients are advised to have adequate Travel Insurance