There are new batches of cherries in the markets at the moment. On our trip to Mugla this week I bought far too many. Now what to do with my glut of cherries? Baked Cherry Cheesecake is the answer.
- 225 grams of biscuits (digestives are good but you can use any plain biscuits)
- 1 kilo of cherries (you can use a can of cherry filling)
- 150 grams of sugar
- 600 grams of Cream cheese
- 130 grams of kaymak ( you can use whipped double cream
- Heat oven to 175°C.
- Crush your biscuits into crumbs. Use a sandwich bag a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a pan and then mix in the crumbs.
- Firm onto bottom of 9 inch spring-form cake tin.
- Mix together the cream cheese and 130 grams of the sugar in large bowl.
- Add the kaymak. Then add the eggs, 1 at a time. Make sure that each egg is fully blended before the next.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Leave to cool and then refrigerate for two hours.
- Stone the cherries and simmer with the remaining sugar and half a cup of water.
- Once cool spoon the cherries onto the cheesecake.