These hazelnut biscuits are delicious with a cup of çay or coffee. Store in an airtight box they will keep for a week. As long as you can resist!
- 250 g salted butter
- 350 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 300 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 g ground almonds
- 4 tbsp hazelnuts, finely ground
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4Mix the butter and sugar and together and blend until smooth. into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and almonds. Mix together. Add half of the hazelnuts and the tahini. Peanut butter would substitute.
- Roll into small balls and place on the baking tray. Press lightly with a fork to spread. Then sprinkle on the rest of the hazelnuts.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.